At Gupta Sports and Spine Center we specialize in non-surgical orthopedics. We treat and diagnosis problems related to the spine, bone, ligament, nerves, tendons and muscles. In addition to treating injuries and conditions, we teach injury prevention and well-being.
At Gupta Sports and Spine Center, some of the conditions we treat are:
Back and neck pain - Back and neck pain can be triggered by a variety of causes including:
- Radiculopathy: A pinched nerve usually from a herniated or slipped disk.
- Arthritis: A disease affecting the joints and resulting in stiffness, inflammation and pain.
- Tendon, ligament and soft tissue pain: Localized pain/tenderness due to overused or stretched muscles.
Shoulder/elbow/hand injuries - Areas susceptible to weakness, tenderness and pain. We treat multiple ailments including:
- Tendonitis: Caused by chronic overuse of tendons which gradually leads to microscopic tears and weakened tissue.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A condition of the hand characterized by pain, tingling in the fingers, numbness and weakness.
Hip/knee/ankle injuries - Caused by muscle strain, direct injury (trauma) or referred pain from other parts of the body. We address a number of injuries/conditions, including:
- Bursitis: An ache or stiffness in the joint/bone area caused by a number of factors including overuse, trauma/injury or infection.
- Osteoarthritis: Wear and tear on the joints. One of the five most leading causes of disability in older men and women.
Sports injuries - We work with patients to prevent, diagnose and treat injuries related to participating in sports, exercise and in the workplace.
Special diagnostic techniques (Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies) - These studies are used for the diagnosis of muscle or nerve injury and for the evaluation of numbness, tingling, burning and/or weakness of the arms and legs.